What is Recognition of Prior Learning RPL
The MindTech Institute
Recognition of Prior Learning RPL and Skills Recognition is a simple process of formal recognition through which you turn your experience or overseas qualification into an Australian recognised qualification.
Benefits of RPL
- If you have overseas qualifications that are not recognised in Australia. Now you can get your qualifications as Nationally Recognised through the RPL process.
- If you have practical experience that you want recognised under the Australian Qualification Framework?
- RPL can save you time and money in attaining a university degree such as bachelor or masters by credit transfer?
- RPL is a quick, simple and time/cost-effective process to get qualified and upgrade to get promotion and/or further your education at university
Why to choose RPL?
- Quick, simple and time/cost-effective
- No classroom study
- No repeated learning
- University Credit Exemptions
- Nationally Recognised Qualifications
- Improved Immigration and Visa Prospects
Recognition of Prior Learning RPL Overview
RPL is a recognition process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience are converted into a nationally recognised qualification. Here at The MindTech Institute we help you piece together your accomplishments, experience and prior education to accelerate your path to get certified.
One of the best aspects of acquiring certifications through The MindTech Institute RPL process is that you may be able to complete some or all of your accreditation process through online communications with our assessors.
Recognition may be granted through:
- Credit Transfer, which allows you to receive credit for unit/s of competency previously successfully completed
- Recognition of Prior Learning RPL, which is an assessment process of your previous skills, knowledge and experience to meet the requirements of the course you are enrolled in. If you can clearly show you have already gained the equivalent skills or knowledge, you may be granted credit for unit/s of competency.
Who Can Apply for the RPL Process?
If you have previous skills, knowledge, experience in Australia or even if you have overseas training, experience or qualifications that are relevant to the course of study that you want to complete – you’re eligible to apply for RPL.
How to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning RPL?
Generally there are three steps:
- Free skills check: Speak with one of our Education Consultants to see whether you are eligible for RPL or an alternate education solution that will help you achieve your career potential. We’ll select a solution that’s right for you.
- Submission of evidence: Match your existing skills and experience against the units of an AQF-accredited qualification. For example, if you have completed educational courses that have provided you with knowledge and understanding that is of relevance to the course of study such as a previous certification, qualification, transcript etc. this may count as credit/s toward the qualification your applying for. Simply, you need to provide evidence of the skills and knowledge you have whether educational or practical (paid or voluntary) both in Australia or overseas. Our assessors will check the submitted evidence and them they will contact you for a competency conversation and a practical assessment if required.
- Qualification issued: Now yo can enjoy your qualification.
All our certificates are Nationally Recognised and issued by The MindTech Institute (Registered Training organisation RTO# 41585).